May 13, 2011

Kids

As I am watching my best friend's son and typing this, he is playing with a simple bead on wire toy, not making any noise, and having fun. My kids on the other hand, are terrorizing the house and no where near close to winding down for the day.
Today I hung out with my best friend and went shopping. Tomorrow we are going to pack her stuff, or at least start packing her stuff. My kids are going to spend time with their dad. This of course means that when they come home they are going to be even bigger brats than normal and I get to hear about how daddy let us do this and daddy lets us do that.
This brings me to a new peeve I have. Every time somebody new meets me and finds out that I have two kids, am trying to go to school and am looking for a part time job, they say "well if you couldn't afford the kids, it was wrong to have them." When I had both of my kids I had every intention to be married still and have a husband that actually had a real job. Well life sometimes throws us a curve ball and we hit it foul. I love my kids and wouldn't exchange them for anything in the world. I am very glad that some people have perfect lives and can "afford" their kids. When I meet somebody like that, I'll let everybody else know. Kids are expensive. PERIOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment